For this assessment, consider the scope and the stakeholders for Fantasy Games.
To begin, read the following Fantasy Games scenario:
Fantasy Games Scenario
The CIO of Fantasy Games has hired your consulting company to design Fantasy’s software architecture. The company is adding a new game titled Asteroids to its catalog and intends to build a multiplayer environment for this new game. You must add an entirely new subcomponent to their existing Web community in order to support this game, and you must create a software architecture proposal for this new subsystem. As part of your proposal, Fantasy asks you to develop a single-player, working prototype of the game itself.
The Fantasy Games community currently has 1.2 million users, and they expect that user activity will grow tremendously with the addition of this new environment. Your design must be flexible enough to accommodate the current number of users plus all anticipated and unanticipated future growth.
The Asteroids Web component, or subsystem, for this game should include many of the same features found on other popular online gaming sites such as chat, instant messaging, user-rank functionality, and high-score display. Although Fantasy Games currently has a few other multiplayer games available within their overall community, they would like this project to set the new standards for how similar subsystems will be added in the future.
For this assessment, consider these four Fantasy Games stakeholders:
- An avid online gamer.
- The Vice President of Operations.
- The Lead Software Developer.
- The Lead Software Architect.
Consider what type of questions and facts you would ask of these stakeholders when developing the scope of the project. It will be up to you to develop all the Fantasy Games user requirements, business needs, facts, and assumptions to drive your architecture design. This assessment will include writing and using Visio to create a diagram.
In order to prepare for your assessment, view the following media pieces (linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading).
- Project Stakeholders.
- Conversation About Goals.
- Conversation about Constraints and Scope.
Create a 3–4-page professional paper in which you complete the following:
Create a Requirements and Scope document for this development. Complete the following:
- Determine the types of questions you would need to ask the stakeholders.
- Determine the architectural scope of the project.
- Create a UML use case diagram of the project that presents a high-level picture of the system’s boundaries and adjacent external entities. Use Visio to complete this diagram.
- Determine constraints on the project.
- Determine the team necessary to work on this project and clarify the roles of each team member.
Microsoft Visio is needed for this assessment!!!!!!!