Ethics and Leadership:
The Ethics of Duty, Rights, and Terrorism” Please respond to the following:
- Read the article titled “A Moral Investigation of Torture in the Post 9.11 World,” located at http://vc.bridgew.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1165&context=undergrad_rev. After reading the article, explain one (1) situation where you believe that torture would or would not be justified in order to prevent a terrorist act in the United States.
- According to the article, rendition is “the system of sending captives to other countries with less progressive human rights standards in order to interrogate them more aggressively.” Discuss whether you agree or disagree with this practice, and explain your rationale.
- At least 300 words.
The Enumerated Powers of Congress (Article 1, Section 8) and Limits of Federal Power
Please respond to the following:
- Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- Describe key elements of the role that Congress plays within the U.S. federal system, with particular focus on Congress’ ability to reflect the will of the people. Support your argument with at least two concrete examples.
- What are some of the issues that Congress is permitted by the Constitution to be involved in? (See Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution…)
- What are some of the thing Congress is NOT allowed to do?
- What is the role of Congress in relation to the role of the President, keeping in mind that they are two SEPERATE and COEQUAL branches of government?
- What has been the results of the 17th Amendment on the Congress, states, and the country as a whole?
- Has to be at least 300 words.